We are delighted to break for the summer having seen the 1st group of Digital Academy attendees complete the programme and receive their certificates. In addition we already have the 2nd group half way through the journey.
Since March we have heard from some incredible thought leaders and experts including:
- Ade McCormack, Digital Strategist, near futurist, Financial Times and CIO columnist, Author of ‘The IT Value Stack’.
- Rob Lambert, Cranfield School of Management fellow and board advisor on IS strategy, course director for the IT Leadership Programme at Cranfield.
- Euan Semple, social media expert, speaker, writer and consultant, introduced social media into the BBC and is the author of ‘Organisations Don’t Tweet, People Do’.
- Kelly Waters, consultant, coach, mentor and award winning blogger in agile & digital, ex: Digital Director at The Guardian.
- James Caplin, coach with a unique approach to developing the key skill sets IT executives require to be successful in driving digital change.
- Ian Hood, Group Digital Director for the RSA Insurance Group, responsible for the delivery of ebusiness best practice across all RSA’s 30 plus countries.
- Ian Bromwich, Managing Director for Digital at Barclaycard, experienced in large scale transformations, innovation, strategy, digital channels, and mobile.
Here are some of the quotes from the 1st group reflecting on what they have gained from the experience:
“Extremely rewarding. It has helped me to articulate what digital means to me and to my organization. I have witnessed myself and colleagues visibly grow as Digirati!”
Angus Waugh, Head of Digital Services, National Audit Office
“Very timely, very useful. Very thought provoking. I particularly enjoyed the two Ians (Hood and Bromwich) who brought some real business experience to bear. The coaching session was surprisingly useful. All presenters added real value. I am now able to feel confident in discussions around Digital and have knowledge and ideas to help engage and enthuse.”
Mike Buckland, IT Director, Towergate Insurance
“A powerful and engaging experience balancing reasons and stories for change together with models and methods for making progress with the change needed.”
Anthony Duthoit, VP IS&S Global Solutions, Ceva Logistics
And some examples of the actions and commitments people took away:
“Consider digital approaches with regard to projects and new initiatives. Am actively using some of the Cranfield models – particularly benefits framework. Am now actively tweeting!”
Sue Prentice, Customer and Commercial IT Lead, International Airlines Group
“Widen our network (internal and external). Use digital mediums to broadcast (blogs etc) more widely. Use the driving change framework in assignments.”
Jake Morgan, Office of the UK CIO, Capital One Bank
“Focus on positive outcomes – live and breathe the try and fail mentality by using this in personal/business life as well as a mantra for projects. Further enhance my knowledge of the big 3 – Agile, Cloud and Ecommerce. The competition is growing so I need to stay ahead of the game.”
Matthew Hildon, Head of Mobile and Social (Group IT), Co-operative Group
If you’d be interested to learn more and potentially take part in a future Digital Academy Programme, please contact us.