Leading tech executives are unanimous: IT competence isn’t enough. In today’s competitive environment, the leaders who succeed are those with essential business skills. Finance, strategy, marketing: these and other disciplines are fundamental for anyone wanting to rise out of technology roles and into executive leadership.
That’s why Boston University has created the Mini MBA for Tech Executives after almost 10 years of the successful CIO Pocket MBA programme. Over four days Boston University senior faculty introduce you to the key principles and techniques of executive management. You’ll enhance and sharpen your knowledge in critical MBA areas: accounting, finance, strategy, marketing, operations, and organisational behavior.
The Mini MBA for Tech Executives takes place on campus at Boston University’s Executive Leadership Center, home of the Questrom School of Business. The faculty are more than experienced experts: they are passionate teachers committed to making a difference through executive learning. Your classmates – rising tech executives from organisations worldwide – will become a powerful network of peers lasting long after the course ends. If you are serious about corporate leadership, you need to join the Mini MBA for Tech Executives to take the next step in accelerating your career.
The following key executive principles are covered via lectures, discussions and interactive sessions.
- Competition & Positioning: discover how to formulate and implement your firm’s strategy in a global environment.
- Valuation & Financing: learn the process for valuing stock and bond securities as well overall company valuations using IPO and M&A techniques.
- Accounting: understand financial statements and basic accounting.
- Market-Centric Strategies: learn analytic frameworks to develop the creation and delivery of marketing strategies.
- Leading Change: learn the role of a change agent and the related tasks, skills, and styles required to be effective in influencing others and managing conflict.
- Operations: understand process flows and analyses to optimize firm performance.
Day 4 (half-day)
- Digital Strategy: explore how digital technologies have transformed the ways businesses engage with customers.
Engineers and technology experts looking to advance their careers will find this programme extremely valuable. The curriculum is tightly-focused on business concepts relevant to rising mid-career tech executives. In addition, you will become part of a powerful peer network of leading tech executives lasting well beyond this programme.
Meet the Faculty
The Executive Leadership Center faculty are award-winning and widely-published experts. They are corporate and academic leaders who have a passion for teaching and a commitment to developing influential corporate technology leaders.
The mini MBA program is led by Chris Dellarocas, Richard C. Shipley Professor of Management at Boston University, who has assembled a team of experts to provide you with the best experience and education. Learn more about the faculty teaching this program by reading their individual bios.
CIO Development and Boston University Questrom School of Business
London based CIO Development has a long standing partnership with Boston University and has been offering Bosotn programmes to European technology executives for ten years including the CIO Pocket MBA, the Master Class for Tech Executives: Technology & Change and now the new Mini MBA for Tech Executives.Apply Now